Friday, May 13, 2011

Where Does the Time Go?

The "big me" before starting the process
I've meant to update both the weekly weigh-down chart and write a couple more posts several times without success during the past three weeks.  Every time I think I will sit down and make it happen, something else comes along that takes higher priority.  With a pending trip to Italy and a daughter's wedding, my "to do" list has been ridiculously long!  But at last, I'm taking a few moments to bring you up to date on my progress towards healthy and holy living.  You can even see the difference now!

Getting to 210 pounds was a whole lot easier than getting to 200.  As you can see from the weigh-down chart, I've slowed way down in the number of pounds lost each week.  I'm into the fifth week below 210 and I've just cracked the 205 mark.  I did reach 202.6 earlier in the week, but I went right back up again to 205 as of this morning.  It might just be "water weight" that will go away, or it might be more muscle added from my strenuous workouts (Thanks, Josh!).  Or it might be that I'm reaching a plateau that will require additional time and effort to break through.
The "small" me as of April 18, 2011

Going to Italy for 10 days is only going to make the final five or so pounds harder to lose.  While I anticipate a lot of walking around Florence and the Tuscany region while there, I also anticipate lots of REALLY good Italian food!  I plan to enjoy everything, including the pastas, desserts, fresh veggies, etc.  So I will need to maintain good portion control while I'm there.  Do lots of sampling and don't gorge just because something's particularly tasty. 

What I won't get in Florence is the weight-training regimen to which I've grown accustomed.  With the airlines limiting me to 50 lbs. luggage, I can't afford to bring 30 lbs in dumbbells!  Maybe I will find things where I'm staying that could become a substitute?  We'll see...

It's amazing that this trip is already almost upon us.  My wife and I have been prepping for this since last fall, and now suddenly it's here.  And even more importantly, once we return, we only have two weeks before my daughter gets married!!  Where does the time go?

I'm glad that God stands outside of time.  I take comfort in knowing that for God, a thousand years is like a day.  And I am also glad that eternal life is something to which Christians can look forward to experiencing.  I'm ready to be rid of time once and for all.  (Hmmmm ... that statement seems loaded with subtle and unintended irony!)

This is NOT my pic, but I look forward to taking something like this!
I plan to take some time during our trip to post pictures and descriptions of our adventures.  You are welcome to come along virtually by returning to this blog site to see what's going on while we're gone.  If you've been to Florence and have recommendations, please share them.  I will try doubly hard to take pics of anything suggested to us to do, visit, experience, etc.  Then you can see that we've truly been there/done that!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment